NAWBO-CI corporate partner Merit Resources provided these trends in human resources for companies to expect in 2012. Do they ring true for your company?
• Companies will be trying to establish more of a brand presence by tapping into social media, promoting their company culture, making better use of video and reaching out to smartphone owners.
• Businesses will be optimizing recruitment efforts as employment percentages remain stagnant. The quest to find the perfect candidates will be like digging through a haystack with so many candidates and so little opportunities.
• Employee retention strategies will need to be developed as top talents are willing to leave their current jobs for better opportunities.
• Video interviewing and tools that support video resume submissions will be used. Candidates will focus on their online personas to create an edge in employment.
• Automation will become more prevalent in both big and small business. Everything from email to hiring will incorporate automation.
• Employers will be looking for employees who are progressive and creative. These elements might give professionals the hiring edge over professionals with experience.
– Merit Resources